Tuesday, October 6, 2009
An autoresponder is a computer program that automatically answers e-mails sent to it. They can be very simple or quite complex.
The first autoresponders were created within mail transfer agents that found they could not deliver an e-mail to a given address. These create bounce messages such as "your e-mail could not be delivered because..." type responses. Today's autoresponders need to be careful to not generate e-mail backscatter, which can result in the autoresponses being considered E-mail spam.
Autoresponders are often used as e-mail marketing tools, to immediately provide information to their prospective customers and then follow-up with them at preset time intervals. (Wikipedia.com)
Such follow-up autoresponders can be divided into two categories:
* Outsourced ASP model — these autoresponders operate on the provider's infrastructure and are usually configurable via a web-based control panel. The customer pays a monthly usage fee. This is easiest to implement for the end-user.
* Server-side — enables users to install the autoresponder system on their own server. This requires technical skills.
Autoresponders are also incorporated into electronic mailing list software, to confirm subscriptions, unsubscriptions, posts, and other list activities.
1. Create multiple autoresponders, which are emails that get sent to a contact after they have been on your list for a certain time, such as 24 hours or 2 weeks. Email connect (ec) allows you to create multiple, sequential autoresponder emails for each of your contact lists
2. Filter the Recipient List-You can assign an autoresponder to your entire list or only a portion of it, such as those in New York with under 10 employees or leads from last week's trade show who have ticked the "Send me more information" box on your signup form.
This means you can assign multiple autoresponders to one list based on custom filters instead of separating your contacts across multiple lists.
3. HTML, Text or Both (Multipart)
Create beautiful HTML emails, informative text emails or both using the integrated campaign editor. Multipart autoresponders are sent as HTML and text and your subscriber's email client will show whichever version it supports best.
4. Open/Link/Unsubscribe Reporting
Just like email campaign statistics you can see who opened your autoresponder, which links they clicked on and more, including unsubscribe and bounce reports.
Visit Pressfish now for all your internet and email marketing needs. With pressfish autoresponders you won’t experience any problems that many autoresponders do such as mail accidentally going into your spam because we have an innovative filter. You can find all of our features at http://www.pressfish.com/features-expanded or visit http://pressfish.com to sign up for a special free trial and see what pressfish can do for you. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about our website you can always contact me personally at email@example.com. We use the net….not a fishing pole!